- Fresh red 1 kg ripe tomatoes
- 2 big onions finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder 2 green chillis finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp acetic acid
- 1 tsps sodium benzoate dissolved in warm water
How to make :
- First of all wash the tomatoes properly.
- In a big bowl add enough water and boil them (onion & tomatoes).
- After that drain water and blend the mixture to paste.
- Sieve the paste to get only tomato paste.
- You can also peel the tomatoes first and then blend.
- Now add all the ingredients and again put into low flame.
- Stir continuously to avoid burn from bottom.
- Finally with the help of hand blender make the mixture more smooth & uniform.
- Keep the sauce cool and store in bottles & refrigerate.
- If you don’t like hot flavor then add less chilli to the sauce.