Nonta Suji (Salty Samolina) or suji ka namkeen halwa is a very easy yet healthy breakfast/ evening snack recipe in India. In bengali, suji itself means halwa only … 🙂 , as we mostly prepare halwa with rava/samolina. It can be sweet or salty. Today I will share my favorite nonta suji or Suji ka Namkeen Halwa Recipe.
Ingredients for Suji ka Namkeen Halwa:
1 cup Suji /semolina
1.5 cup water
1 potato chopped
1 onion chopped
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp sugar
1 bay leaf
1 green chili finely chopped
1-2 curry leaves (optional)
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp ghee
How to prepare Suji Ka Namkeen Halwa
- First of we need to heat oil in a pan.
- Add onion, green chili & chopped potatoes.
- You can add some vegetables like carrot, bean, capsicum etc.
- Anyway, fry the potatoes properly.
- Add salt & turmeric powder as per taste and cover the lid.
- We have to fry the potatoes properly till color changes to dark.
- After frying them keep them aside.
- Now add ghee in that pan and heat it properly.
- Now add suji/rava to that ghee.
- Stir continuously and fry the sooji for next 3-4 min.
- After finishing frying everything, now again heat the pan with little oil.
- Now add bay leaf to the oil. If you want add curry leaves now.
- Now add fried potatoes first and then fried suji over the potato.
- Do not put much oil, as everything is already fried.
- Now mix them all together.
- If required add little salt & add the sugar.
- After that add water to that mixture.
- Stir continuously till the water dries.
- Sooji will increase in size & get soft underwater.
- Everything will mix properly.
- We have to make the mixture dry.
- Don’t add extra water, otherwise it will make a lump after drying up the water.
- The suji got the same taste that I was looking for.
Take a cup of hot tea and have a spoonful of suji in your mouth. Enjoyed the evening with my family. Try once and share with me how you love this simple suji ka namkeen halwa recipe.