Bengali Mix Sabji or Niramish Tarkari / labra is one of the traditional Bengali veg recipes without onion and garlic. Generally this recipe is prepared with almost all the common and available vegetables in daily life. It can be prepared with whatever vegetables you find that day in the market or even the left over vegies in the fridge. You can add your preferred vegetables – the more, the merrier.
Labra sabji is very famous in Bengal, especially we prepare it during every Puja occasion, besides normal cooking. Khichuri with this Niramish tarkari is a very popular combination in Saraswati puja or Durga puja bhog menu. Well, let see how we can prepare this mix veg recipe at home within a very short period of time.
Ingredients to make Mixed Vegetable Curry Bengali Style
- Cut various vegetables in small cube shapes
- 3-4 slit Green chilli
- Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp Panch Phoron (Mixture of 5 types of raw spices – jeera, methi, mustard, black cumin, saunf)
- 1 Bay leaf (Tej pata)
- 1 Dry chili (Shukno lanka)
- 1/2 tsp Ginger paste
- Mustard Oil (You get a nice aroma if cooked with Kachi ghani mustard oil)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
How to make Bengali Niramish Tarkari?
This is an easy veg recipe for lunch and dinner. The preparation quite simple. However, it takes some time to cut all the vegetables.
1. After you cut the vegetables, wash them properly and keep aside.
2. Heat a pan with oil in it. After that add bay leaf and dry chilli. Give 30 second to heat it up, then add the panch phoron masala. Wait till the raw mustard starts sprinkling. Now add all the washed cut vegetables in the pan.
3. You have to take a big pan so that all the vegetables can accommodate in that. Initially it will look like much in quantity, but after cooking you can see the vegetables got squeezed. Now add turmeric powder and salt in it. Mix them properly and cover the pan.
4. Stir the vegetables occasionally and keep covered. Cook for around 20 min in this way. By the time all the vegetables will get cooked properly. Now increase the flame and fry the vegetables in the high flame for 5 min.
5. After they are properly fried, add Jeera powder, Dhania powder and ginger paste in it. Mix them thoroughly. You can see that some of the vegetables were allready mashed. Gradually, it will look like vegetable bharta. After that add chopped coriander leaves.
6. Generally the water that come out from the vegetables is enough to cook this recipeThis is not a gravy recipe, so don’t have to put extra water in access. . However, if required you can add little water.
7. Now stir continuously and mix everything in the pan properly for 5 min. You can see the access water is dried and the Mix veg recipe is ready with great taste.
This recipe goes well with rice and roti both. Enjoy your dish!
If you are looking for bengali niramish tarkari recipe, niramish bengali ranna, easy mix veg recipe, bengali easy recipes, niramish bengali cooking recipes, bengali niramish ranna recipe, bengali sabzi recipe, bengali vegetable curry recipes; then this recipe will serve your purpose.
Hope you will like this Niramish Tarkari recipe. Feel free to share this article with your friends and family who might like to taste this Bengali Mix Sabji.