My chilhood memory of winter is mostly about Kheerer Patishapta Pitha recipe (Patishapta pithe with stuffed khoya) preapred by Ma. During Poush Sankranti (Makar Sankranthi) we used to receive different types of pithas (including patishapta of different size & color… 🙂 ) from atleast 5-6 neighbouring family. But I always felt Kheerer Patishapta by my ma was the best among all. Though Narkel Patishapta (with stuffed grated coconut) is equally famous in Bengal, but kheerer patishapta just tastes heavenly. This is also a traditional pithe of Bengalese which is a part of the Sankranti celebrations. I have prepared Patishapta & Malpua for many of my non-Bengalee friends & always have been demanded for more pieces. For true reasons, it is being considered as the king of all pithas.
Dont’ Miss How to Make Taler Bora Recipe in Bengali
Ingredients for Kheerer Patishapta Pitha Recipe
1 liter milk
300 gm Maida
1 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1 cup vegetable oil
Water as required
How to Prepare Kheerer Patishapta Pitha Recipe
- First of all take the milk in a heavy bottomed pan & put it on medium flame.
- Condense it to make khoya by continuously stiring the milk with a big spoon.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar into the milk. The sweetness can be adjusted according to your taste
- Add cardamoms for a nice smell in the khoya.
- You can also use readymade khoya if you have less time in hand, but I found the homemade one is more tastier.
- Keep the khoya aside & make it cool.
- Take maida in a bowl & mix with 3 tbsp sugar & a pinch of salt.
- Add water as required to make it into pouring consistency.
- Now take a non-stick pan & put it in medium flame. Pour 1 tsp oil in that.
- Pour 1 big spoonful of the batter & spread it by tilting the pan in every side.
- Wait for 1 min & put 2 tsp kheer/khoya in the middle of the spread batter.
- Now roll it from one side like the below picture.
- Fry both the sides for 1 min each.
- Awesome tasting kheerer patishapta pitha is ready.
Don’t Miss Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe at Home
Have anyone tasted or prepared it for the first time in this winter? Do share your experience here.