Macher matha diye muri ghonto is one of Bengalis weakness. 🙂 And what if you prepare the same recipe with hilsha fish? Today I will share our typical muri ghonto recipe with hilsha fishhead, Ilish Macher muri ghonto.
Yes,we bengalis are very much foodie. Few of my north Indian friends often prank on me, that we Bengalis even don’t leave a single part of a fish. I also replied them with a smiling face, yes fish head play a very crucial role in our up bringing from childhood.
In our home, like almost every Bengali home, fish head is served to the superior member of the family or to most loved one. E.g. my mom-in law used to prefer to give the fish head to my hubby in childhood. But he is not that much interested to have that fish head from childhood.
How to make Ilish Macher muri ghonto
- First chopped the vegetables as per proper size.Not in small size,medium size cube.
- Now need to fry the fish head properly and keep aside.Now in a pan put some mustard oil and heat it.Add raw methi and raw kala jeera (Phoron) and then add the vegetables ti it.
- Add salt as per taste and turmeric powder. Fry the vegetables properly.
- Next add the ginger paste,jeera powder and dhania powder to the pan and mix them properly with the vegetables.
- After that add 1 full cup water to it and then add the fish head fry.If required, you can add more water to it.Increase the heat and cook it and mix them all for 2-3 min.
- Check the taste and add salt if required.Add little bit of sugar to enhance the taste.And finally add ghee.Cook for few min under covered on the pan.
So Muri Ghonto with hilsha fish head is ready.You can have it with boiled rice.