500gm urad daal
100 gm rice (atap rice)
Salt to taste
1 tbsp sugar
How to make idli
- Soak rice and dal in separate container overnight.
- Now grind them to paste separately. Use hot water while grinding.
- Now mix both the paste and add salt, sugar.
- Make a thick paste and keep the mixture for 10-11 hours.
- Now in the idli maker add the batter in small idli container and cover.
- cook for 25-30 min. Idli is ready.
- be careful while making the batter, as a thin batter will not make a good idli.