Shorshe ilish bhapa recipe is one of the hot favorite fish recipe in Bengal. Here we will see how to make shorshe ilish bhapa recipe at home. I have kept four big pieces of ilish aside for this recipe and had an awesome lunch with the fish head muri ghonto. You can prepare sorshe ilish very easily with the sorshe/mustard powder available in market. The recipe is also mentioned in the packet. But I prefer to prepare this recipe in my style.
This recipe can be prepared very easily and less time if you have Microwave at home. In fact I tried the same recipe with Bhetki Fish and that was also awesome.
Ingreadients need to make Sorshe Ilish
- 1 tbsp Raw Mustard (Sorshe)
- Two big onions finely chopped
- 4 pieces of ilish maach (as I kept only four)
- Slit 3 green chilis
- 2 green chilis finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Jeera powder
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger paste
- 2 tbsp of mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice( Preferably Gandharaj Lebu) to enhance the taste
How to make Sorshe Ilish Bhapa
- First of all marinate the 4 pieces of ilish with turmeric powder, salt and lemon juice and keep in refrigerator for 1 hour. So that they can mix properly. After this is done, in a steel bowl first put the chopped onions mixed with a bit of salt. Keep the onions like first layer in the bowl. Then put the fish pieces over the onions.
- Next grind the raw mustard in mixer and mix jeera powder, 1 tsp ginger paste and 2 chopped green chili. Mix them properly and make a thick paste.
- Now put this paste over the fishes and spread them properly.
- After that spread 2 tbsp of mustard oil over this & put the slit chilis over them.
- Now this is ready for cook.
- Now you can put this bowl in a oven or do the same thing in a pressure cooker. I did the cooking in a pressure cooker.
- Close the cooker cover and remove the whistle nob. And cook for 40 min in low heat.
- After 40 min open the cover and you can feel the aroma of the real sorshe ilish.
- Have that with boiled rice. It’s just awesome.