Hilsa fish fry, one of the most popular Bengali fish fry item. Off-course we can’t miss muri ghonto and shorshe ilish recipe when it’s about Hilsha fish recipe. Bengalis are very much sensitive with this fish. It’s called the king of all fishes. We just can’t control ourselves when it rains or a cold day. Well ilish has its own story attached with Bengal. Thanks to Bangladesh from where we are getting this lovely taste everywhere.
But recently the prices of ilish is growing so high, it even cant imaginable. This year I heard in maniktala market, one ilish of size 2.2 kg sold @ 3300/-. This is what I called passion for taste.
Its ilish maach bhaja(FRY) with the oil came out of those fish. With rice and onion and green chili.I am still feeling the taste in my mouth. Let’s check out the recipe.
Ingredients to make hilsa fish fry Recipe
Preparation Time: 15 min
- Ilish Maach (Hilsha fish) pieces
- Turmeric powder
- Pure mustard oil (I prefer Fortune Kachhi ghani)
- Chopped onion
- Green Chili
- Mustard Oil
How to make Hilsa fish fry Recipe
- It’s a very simple recipe. Heat the oil in a pan.
- Need to heat the oil properly so that the fish should not stick to the pan.
- Now mix the fish pieces with salt and turmeric powder.
- Then put them into the oil one by one. You can feel the aroma of ilish maach immediately after 5-10 seconds.
- Just gently reverse them on the pan and make them fried properly.
- While frying them, you can see that oil from the fish is also coming out and this oil is too much tasty.
- Now after finishing this, Just take a onion and green chili and with this oil have some boiled rice or bath.
- Just has a mouthful of rice with a bite of onion and fish fry, you will feel like in heaven.