Have you tried egg chowmein recipe in Bengali style yet? If not, you must try it once at home. I have read somewhere that egg chowmein recipe was introduced by the Chinese in Kolkata. Gradually it became the most preferred evening snack & a very favorite street food in Bengal. Though I have tasted it in many places outside Kolkata, but still I couldn’t find that very authentic flavour. So I tried egg chowmein recipe in typical Kolkata style.
Ingredients of Egg Chowmein Recipe
- Chowmein 1 packet (enough for 2 people)
- Beans finely chopped
- Capsicum finely chopped
- Carrot chopped in small cubes
- 2 Green Chilli finely chopped
- 1 chopped tomato
- 2 big Onion chopped
- Chicken Masala
- Turmeric Powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp soybean oil
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1 tsp Chilli Sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 spoon sugar
How to Prepare Egg Chowmein Recipe
- Take enough water in a saucepan with little salt & oil. Add chowmein in it boil for 3-4 minutes. Don’t over cook the chow mein, so that it doesn’t become sticky.
- Now immediately drain all the water and rinse with cold water and then dry them under fan. You can put some oil over them so that they look smooth and separate.
- Now heat a pan and add 2 tbsp oil in that.
- Add the onions first and then rest of the chopped vegetables.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and fry them until they turn brown.
- Now add little bit of chicken masala.
- Stir them for a min and then add the chowmein. And mix everything properly.
- After that add the soya sauce & chilli sauce to it.
- Now you can feel the aroma of chowmein.
- Fry them properly and then take the noodles out to another bowl.
- Now heat the pan and add little oil add 2 raw eggs to it with salt and cook it like scrambled egg/egg bhurji.
- Add the cooked chowmein into this. Mix them properly and then add some sugar and little bit salt if required.
Don’t Miss Did you try Nonta Suji Recipe at Home?
Hope now you can make Egg chowmein recipe in Bengali style at home easily. Serve this hot in a plate with chopped onions along with tomato sauce. This is a hot favourite among kids too.
Share your experience if you tried it among kids.