Dhokar Dalna Recipe
Easy to make at home
Time to Prepare
This preparation Serves
Dhokar dalna is a very typical Bengali recipe. A wonderful recipe full of spices.
What do you need to make Dhokar Dalna
Chana Dal/Cholar dal 2 cup
1 tbsp ginger paste
1/2 tbsp chili powder
2 big onion finely chopped
2 green chili finely chopped
2 bay leaf
1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp jeera powder
pinch of hing
1/2 tbsp kalo jeera
1 potato cut in cubes
1 tbsp ghee
2 tbsp masturd oil
sunflower oil to deep fry
Salt to taste
How to make Dhokar Dalna
- Soak chana/cholar dal overnight.
- Now in a pressure cooker put the dal and little salt. Boil them.
- Make a paste from the dal.
- Heat oil in a pan and add 1/2 chopped onions.
- When onion turns brown, add hing,ginger paste & salt.
- Add little sugar also.
- Finally add the dal paste and mix them well.
- Make a dough with the dal mixture and keep it cool in refrigerator.
- After 1 hour, you can cut the dal in cube shape.
- Dhoka pieces are ready.
- Now deep fry the dhoka pieces in sunflower oil till color turns brown.
- Drain the oil and keep them aside.
- Now add ghee in a pan and fry the potato pieces first.
- Remove the potato pieces and add bay leaf in the ghee.
- Add rest of chopped onions and ghreen chilis.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and ginger paste.
- Add jeera powder and stir well.
- Add little water and make a gravy.
- Finally in that gravy add potatoes & dhoka cubes.
- Cook for 5-6 min with covered pan.
- Dhokar dalna is ready with a thick gravy.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.