Chicken korma recipe is a very tasty thick gravy preparation of chicken which goes extremely well with any form of rice or roti. This is generally a Mughlai preparation which almost every restaurant menu (which serves Indian food) will have. Here I will share how to prepare chicken korma or murg korma recipe at home so the health & budget both can be managed effectively.
Ingredients for Chicken Korma Recipe
1 kg Chicken (Make medium size pieces)
100 gm curd
1 tbsp Turmeric powder
1 1/2 tbsp Cumin Powder
1 1/2 tbsp Coriander Powder
1 tbsp Ginger paste
1 tbsp garlic paste
9-10 black paper seeds
3 big onions finely chopped
6-7 green chili
1/2 garam masala powder
Don’t Miss How to prepare Bengali style Chicken Curry
How to Prepare Chicken Korma
- First wash the chicken pieces properly and dry out the water completely from the chicken.
- For this you can put the chicken under fan for 2-3 min.
- After that put the chicken in a bowl and add salt (as per required) and curd in it.
- Now mix them properly & put the chicken in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Now in a big pan add mustard oil in enough quantity to fry the onions.
- Heat the oil and add all the raw spices (Cinnamon, cardamom, cloves etc) and wait till you feel the aroma of the
- Then add the onions and green chilli to this pan and stir properly.
- The onions need to be fried in low flame till they turn brown.
- By the time you can take out the chicken which was kept inside the refrigerator.
- Check the onions regularly so that they are not overdone.
- You can now add rest of the spices (Cumin powder, Coriander powder, ginger-garlic paste) to the onions. Stir the mixture properly.
- Now add the marinated chicken into the pan and mix them well.
- After that cover the pan and reduce the flame.
- Need to stir the chicken every 5 mins.
- After 20 mins increase the flame & dry out the extra water in the pan. Check if the chicken is properly cooked.
- You will see oil is coming out of the chicken. Now fry them in that oil for few more minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water in the chicken. Mix all the spices and chicken pieces in the water and cook for next 5 min in high flame so that the gravy can be thick.
- If you wish you can add little garam masala powder in this stage.
- Chicken Korma is ready. Serve hot with chopped onion & coriander leaves.
Don’t Miss How to prepare Methi Chicken Recipe at Home
Do you have a different preparation for the Chicken Korma recipe at home? Then please share with us. Happy Eating!