1 big gobi or cauliflower
1 big onion finely chopped
250 gm Maida
15-20 pea nuts
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 green chili finely chopped
1 tbsp jeera powder
1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp sauf (Misti jeera)
2 tbsp mustard oil
1/2 tbsp ghee
Sunflower/Soybean oil for deep fry
Salt to taste
How to make Gobi ki Kachori
- Cut the gobi in small pieces and also cut the potato in cubes.
- Boil them both with little salt in a pan.
- Now mash half of boiled vegetables with maida(flour) and salt. Make a dough.
- In a pan heat oil and fry the pea nuts first.
- Then add raw jeera (sauf). Wait for spluttering.
- Add onions, rest half vegetables and fry them properly for 5-6 min in a medium flame.
- Add jeera powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste to that.
- Finally add ghee and if required add salt.
- Now from the dough, make 2 poori and put the fried vegetables as stuffing.
- Seal the outlines of the poories. It will be like a stuffed kachori.
- Now deep fry the kachori’s one by one.
- Serve hot with sauce.