Today I will share authentic Bengali shukto recipe in my style. I learned this recipe from mom, obviously. 🙂 The best part of preparing Sukto recipe is that, you can add whatever vegetables you want. Not only that, even you can add different types of daal and make the recipe a protein rich diet. Something similar to Daalma recipe.
Bengali Sukto Recipe – Ingredients required
- 1 papaya
- 10-15 soyabean balls
- 1 big potato
- 5 phoron(mixture of 3 types of jeera, methi, mustard)
- 1 bayleaf
- 1 shukno lanka
- 1/2 tbsp jeera powder
- 1/2 tbsp dhania powder
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- salt to taste
- little sugar
- Ghee as per your choice (Generally not required if your stomach is not ok)
How to make authentic Bengali shukto recipe at home
- Cut the papaya and potato in proper cubic shapes and put them all with the soybean balls in a cooker. Boil them all with little salt.Keep them aside.
- Now heat a pan with mustard oil and ad bay-leaf, shukno lanka and then 5 phoron. Wait for 1 mi, so that they start sprinkling. Now add all the boiled vegetables in the pan. Add salt to taste and turmeric powder.
- Now fry them in the phoron till they looked properly fried.
- Add the jeera powder, dhania powder and then ginger paste in it and stire well. Mix all the masalas properly.
- Finally add sufficient water and a little bit of sugar. Don’t dry the water much. And finally add ghee on it and then cook for 2 min in high flame.
If you are tired of eating chicken, mutton or any rich food in last couple of days, then try this authentic Bengali shukto recipe at home feel the taste of a typical Bengali dish.