Bengali Malpua recipe is a very easy to prepare yet one of the yummiest dessert recipe. Malpua is a traditional pithe of bengal which all bengalese obviously have during the month of pous or atleast in the day of pous sankranti (makar sankranti). Yesterday on the day of sankranti, I was feeling very nostalgic while remembering all those lip-smacking pithe, ma used to prepare … Patisapta, Puli pithe, malpua, doodh puli, chitoi pitha to name a few. Ma used to get up at 4:00 clock to prepare & offer those pithe-payesh to Sujji Thakur (Sun God) after a bath in the coldest day of the month. We children (me & my friends) would be waiting eagerly for our turn to come (Obviously for eating… 🙂 ). I loved the very sharing part of this festival – we used to present pithe to our neighbours & also receive from them. Today I will share the traditional malpua recipe in bengal style.
Don’t Miss Delicious Anaraser Chutney Recipe
Ingredients for Bengali Malpua Recipe
Milk 250 ml
Refined flour (maida) 2 cup
Rawa Suji 1 cup
Sugar 2 cups
3-4 Crushed Cardamoms
1 tsp Saunf
Ghee 500 grams
Pinch of Baking Powder
Pinch of salt
Water as required
How to Prepare Bengali Malpua Recipe
- Mix Maida & rawa suji with milk, ½ cup sugar, saunf , salt & baking powder.
- I have prepared few malpuas with Sugar-free Natura as my father is a diabetic patient. (In that case you have to skip the sugar soaking part)
- Add water as required to make it in pouring consistency.
- Keep aside the batter for atleast 5-6 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Pour one big spoonful of the batter when the oil is hot.
- Fry well until both the sides properly become brown & crunchy.
- Like-wise prepare all the malpuas & keep in the tissue paper so that the oil gets soaked. (You can also prepare
- the malpuas with less oil in a wide non stick pan.)
- By the same time prepare sugar syrup mixing the crushed cardamoms into that.
- Make it a little cool & put all the malpuas into that.
- Mouth watering malpua is ready to indulge. Serve warm with rabri.
Don’t Miss How to make Taler Bora at home
How do you like the bengali malpua recipe? Share your experience with us.