Aloo Matar Paneer Recipe
Easy to make at home
Time to Prepare
This preparation Serves
Aloo matar paneer is fusion of Bengali & punjabi cuisine. Because I think adding potatoes is the specialty of Bengali food.
What elements required to make Aloo Matar Paneer
400 gm Paneer (Cut them in cubical shape)
Green Peas(Mattar) 1 & 1/2 cups
1 big size potato(cut into cubical pieces)
2 green chillis
1 big onion finely chopped
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp jeera powder
1/2 tsp dhania powder
1/2 tsp kashmiri lal mirch powder
1 tsp raw garam masala(chinnamon, cardamom, cloves,black pepper)
1 Tomato finely chopped
Yogurt/Curd – 1/3 cup
Salt to taste
pinch of sugar
How to make Paneer at home
Heat milk till it reduces by 1/2th part, add juice of one lemon or little phitkari(Alum) (we used lemon juice as little bitterness may come in paneer if phitkari used much), to seperate the whey, tie the curd in a muslin cloth, after the whey is out of moisture, flatten it and cut into paneer cubes.
How to make Aloo Matar Paneer
- Heat a pan with 2 cups of water & boil the green peas with a pinch of salt & sugar. Boil them for 10 min and keep aside.
- You can use home made paneer or readymade paneer also.
- Deep fry the potato cubes in a pan with little salt & turmeric powder and keep them aside.
- Pour in little oil into the pan. When it is smoking hot, deep fry the paneer pieces in oil until they turn golden color, remove from heat and keep aside.
- In the same oil when very hot, add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, black pepper, as the nice smell comes out of the raw masalas add the chopped onions with little salt and turmeric powder. Saute until the onions are golden brown.
- Add the jeera poder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, green chillis and ginger-garlic paste.
- Saute for a minute taking care not to burn the masalas. Now add the chopped tomatoes & fry for 2-3 min.
- Now add the curd & also the boiled peas and stir them well. Add pinch of sugar & salt as required.Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the fried potatoes & paneer pieces. Allow it to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add 1/2 tsp ghee a minute before removing mattar paneer masala from the heat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, lemon juice(as you wish), and a dollop of salted butter on top. Serve hot with chapatis, pooris, bread, or plain white rice.
I enjoy this mostly with chinese fried rice(Will share that one soon). Enjoy your aloo mattar paneer.