There are various kind of chops available in Bengal. Some varieties are chicken chop, vegetable chop, egg potato chop, peas potato chop etc. All are mostly prepared with mashed potatoes. I have tried few of these chops. Just something in the taste of the mashed potatoes, which always drives me crazy & crave for more.
Today I have tried a very innovative but simple snack – Egg Stuffed Aloo Chop, which is a special form of bengali Aloor Chop recipe. They are crispy from outside and soft within.I will share the typical chop recipe in a different style.
Don’t Miss How to make Aloo Carrot Tikki at Home
Ingredients for Egg Stuffed Aloo Chop
3-4 big potatos
1 big onion finely chopped
1 tomato finely chopped
1/2 tbsp jeera powder
1/2 tbsp ginger paste
1/2 raw jeera
1 cup maida
Salt to taste
Sugar as per required
How to to prepare Egg Stuffed Aloo Chop
Preparing the Stuffing
- To prepare the stuffing, first heat oil in a pan and add raw jeera.
- When it starts spluttering, add the chopped onions. Fry them till brown.
- Then add salt, cumin powder and ginger paste and fry for next 1 min.
Add the chopped tomatoes and fry till the mixture is cooked properly.
- Now it’s time to add the eggs. And then mix them and make it like egg bhurji.
- Our egg stuffing is ready.
Preparing the Chops
- Now simultaneously boil the potatoes in a separate container.
- By the time we prepare the stuffing the potatoes will get boiled and will become soft.
- Add maida, salt, sugar, little cumin powder and the boiled potatoes in a bowl and mix them properly. Prepare dough out of it. If required add more maida.
- Now prepare a small round ball and add the stuffing and press them a bit to make it flat.. This way prepare all the chops & keep aside.
- Now heat enough oil in a pan & deep fry them till they are nicely done.
After frying them properly cut each chop in 2 pieces and serve hot with green salad and tomato sauce/ mint chutney.
Don’t Miss How to make Vegetable Cutlet at Home
Like this Egg Stuffed Aloo Chop, we can prepare many types of chop at home for snacking with family or friends. Do share your experience if you have tried any other form of this recipe.